Hot Beef Satays
1kg Quality Standard Steaks cut into 2.5cm cubes
For the Marinade:
- 5 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch freshly chopped coriander
- Extra coriander leaves and finely chopped red chilli to garnish
- Spinach salad
- Elderflower dressing
- Prepare the marinade ingredients in a large shallow bowl
- Thread equal amounts of the beef cubes onto 10 short metal or wooden skewers, place into the marinade and coat the beef cubes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the skewers according to preference on a preheated grill griddle, turning often. You may need to replace the skewers if they burn.
- Serve the satays scattered with extra coriander leaves and chopped red chilli.
Serve the Satays with crusty bread and a spinach salad with elderflower dressing