Here's another breakfast recipe to get your taste buds tickling for National Breakfast Week 2016!
Fun Fact: The worlds largest breakfast on record involved 27,854 people and took place in Germany on the 29th May 2005!
Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs
A tasty weekend brunch recipe that the whole family can enjoy during a leisurely day.
- 700g potatoes (diced)
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices back bacon
- 4 medium eggs, poached
- Boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until tender, drain and cook slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 4 minutes, add the mushrooms and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Roughly mash the potato and mix into the onion mixture.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon under a pre-heated grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the potato hash into 4 rounds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the hash rounds for 2 minutes on each side.
- Top with bacon and a poached egg and serve.